Thursday, June 17, 2010

New Years Resolution


Kinda late right?
My resolution this year was to A) loose weight 2) to enjoy Montreal this summer, And enjoy it I have!Last night was my I popped my Fringe fest cherry with The New New Underground's show I Like Cowboys. I went into this knowing absolutely nothing about, only wanting to go to at least on Fringe show ( it was that or Francofolies, and I love Couer de Pirate but it was PISSING rain outside so I said FRAK IT!) and apparently I was a spoiled. They had a huge freakin' set, with a band! Who by the way rocked! It rekindled my urge to learn how to play the banjo. The show was also an hour and a half long, which I'm told is unusual for a Fringe show and I can understand why, it was a bit long. The beginning premise and introduction of characters were great, Pearl, being by far the most hilarious character, but as the play went on and her scenes dwindled so did my interest. This may be my fault, seeing as I went to a 10:30 showing, but I feel like the play had alot of great things going for it and didn't take advantage of many of them. All in all though i thoroughly enjoyed the show, it was nice to hang with friends.

So along with Nuit blanche, free Museum day, tam tam's (see the photo of Jimmy) and many other adventures, I think i'm doing pretty well in my attempt to enjoy MTL in the summer. This sunday, drinks on the Mclausan breweries terrase!

1 comment:

  1. Rachey,
    Love the new layout. Lookin' good and hopefully I can enjoy the city with you this weekend.
    K

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...