Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cannes, Day 7

Today is day 7 and I feel like i've hit a bit of a plateau. Work has become a bit frustrating ( people not showing up for shifts shitty clots etc.) but it's not too bad really. Most of my co workers are doing a great job and alot of the clients I talk to are nothing by nice. I've gotta a few business cards so far and have made some decent contacts. Just found out 2 of the guys I've been talking to all week are the producers of black swan, and another just sold his film to paramOunt for obscene amounts of money. There is soMuch going on around pavilion, we are rolling on all clyinders all the time.

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to shoot my super 8 project ( thank you kodak for the free film!) with my friend Chris. We attempted to do a little stop motioning, but only time will tell if it worked out. I will be developing said project tonight from 8 till 3am in one of the mentors rooms. A couple of us have decided to just brig some wine and a case of beer and make a night it of it. Should be interesting.

Two nights ago I had a blast. I watched two movies in a row on the market and then headed down to the beach for one of the outdoor screenings and was lucky enough to catch, " Bollywood, the greatest love story of all time", so it was basically a Montage of all of the best scenes from Bollywood films over the years mixed in with interviews with famous Bollywood actors and actresses and directors. It was VERY cool! Also the festival did a really good job at setting the whole thing up. The set up hundreds of beech chairs all over the beach and handed out blankets to all of the participants to keeep everyone warm throughout the screening.



Tomorrow I work a day shift, the I'm going to run over to my mentors apartment because ymentire mentor group is having dinner together and hopefully doing a bit of partying...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...