Monday, November 15, 2010

Hectic Week

Last night officially wrapped up one of the more nutso weeks in my recent history. Work + Volunteering @ the Cinemania Film festival and trying to have a social life (Mumford and Sons concert + Friends + being interviewed for the Concordian) had left me tired and with and extremely sore back (which is actually getting me worried because it wont go away) so today is a chill day


Cinemania Montreal

Cinemania was awesome! Alot of early mornings (followed by late nights at the resto and then more early mornings) were kind of a killer, but they allowed me to really connect with the event organizers who were all super awesome ladies. I also allowed me to see a bunch of free films ( La Reine des Pommes (2/5), Bazar (3/5) Tout ce qui Brille (3/5) Sommeil Blanc (2/5), L'Enfance du Mal (3/5), Dumas (3/5), Illegal (4/5) and Potiche (4/5)) all in french with English subtitles. Having never volunteered at a film festival before I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed my experience. I'm told not all festivals are as well presented and I totally believe it. i am therefore excited to volunteer again and total wary of it at the same time.




Next on the docket was the Mumford concert. As usual they were amazingly breath taking.
Super big props as well to their opening acts this time around, King Charles and Cadillac Sky.

Caddilac was alot of fun but I cant seem to find them online, and King Charles was actually kind of amazing



He played the entire set by himself with just a guitar, except for the opening song which he did accapella and it actually stopped my heart and made me do a double take while in line for coat check.

But unfortunate by the time Mumford came on the same problem arose as last time: the crowd SUCKED! I don't know what is wrong with people these days but they lack any kind of concert etiquette. Drunks yelling, girls squealing, people interrupting the band. it was so frakin' annoying.

Also the show lasted 3 and a half hours! Which was awesome yet very exhausting.

So good week, glad it's over, back to applying for jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...